On September 24-25th I will be attending the International SOA, Cloud + Service Technology Symposium in London. This event is the world’s largest conference dedicated to the exploration of SOA, cloud computing and modern service technology. I’m also glad for the chance to finally see Thomas Erl, who is a major contributor in the fields of service-orientation and the world’s top-selling SOA author for over five years, in real person.
The conference takes place over 2 days and hosts more then 100+ sessions & expert panels. The complete agenda is divided in 13 different tracks which are shown in the image below.
My personal agenda, meaning the sessions I would like to visit, are shown below:
Day 1 (september 24th):
- track 4: Lightweight BPM and SOA
- track 3: Web Service Evolution
- track 4: Service Modeling & BPM Business Value Patterns
- track 05: Your Security Guy Knows Nothing (brilliant title, sets high expectations)
- track 04: The Successful Execution of the SOA and BPM Vision Using a Business Capability Framework: Concepts and Examples
- track 08: SOA Adoption in the Brazilian Ministry of Health – Case Study
- track 02: Estimating SOA Projects with Function Points
- expert panel: SOA and Agile Development
Day 2 (september 25th):
- track 10: Quality Assurance of Interfaces and SOA Services: An Essential Component of SOA Governance
- track 10: The Governance, Risk and Compliance Model for SOA
- track 09: On the Semantic Processing of Business Process Events
- track 11: Lost in Translation – Common Mistakes Interpreting Patterns
- track 11: SOA and MDM: Identifying the Architectural Challenges
- track 06: Elastic SOA in the Cloud
- track 11: Agile and DevOps for Services: Practices, Techniques, and Tools for Your SOA Environment
- expert panel: not sure yet
A pretty stuffed schedule if I look at it, but not so strange since there is plenty enough to chooce from. If you also attend the symposium let me know and we can enjoy a coffee and discuss what we have heard.
Make sure to check out the blog and podcasts on Oracle ArchBeat regarding this Symposium.
- Oracle ArchBeat – Podcast Show Notes: Thomas Erl on SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology